Child, Parenting, & Immunization Links:
Halton has a lot of excellent resources for your child. A Halton-wide network of organizations and agencies committed to promoting healthy development, security and safety of all children across the region. Click here for lots of great parent resources.
It can be really overwhelming becoming a new parent overnight. During this time it can be tempting to google all of your questions at 3 am – however, it’s important to obtain reliable health information to guide you (and of course the information from your health care provider). These links below can help provide that information for some of that late night scrolling!
- Caring for Kids is a website run by Canadian Paediatricians which cover a wide range of topics from cradle cap to physical activity. It’s a reliable source for your health concerns.
- Tummy time for baby
- Mother to Baby
- Taking your child’s temperature: choosing the right thermometer
- Breastfeeding Support
- 10 Tips for Breastfeeding
Vaccinations for children can prevent life threatening diseases and illness.
Is your child having a difficult time with their mental health? Are they being bullied at school or are experiencing big feelings with difficult behaviours?
- Kids Help Phone 1-800 668-6868 – is an e-mental health service available 24/7 for kids, youth and teens. The website has information for patients as well as caregivers in the form of articles, videos and peer support.
- ROCK (Reach Out Centre for Kids) is a Halton based support which can offer virtual walk in for mental health and behaviour concerns.